A LETTER FROM THE ELEMENTARY PRINCIPAL
The holiday season is officially underway and with it, we have an abundance of blessings to be thankful for at Alex Public Schools! I hope Thanksgiving break left everyone feeling refreshed and ready to finish the first half of this school year strong.
Looking back on this semester, our students have accomplished so much! From reading skills to science facts, and social skills to personal goals, our students have learned and grown a tremendous amount in these short months. We understand that this growth is a true team effort and commend those of you who have had a hand in helping our students achieve their very best!
As a school and community, we have also been able to come together and serve others in small ways throughout this semester. Our 4-H students planted beautiful flower beds on the grounds to start the school year out with fresh landscaping, we held a Veteran’s Day Program which honored those who have served, and we gathered food for families in Alex to help throughout the holiday season. All of these things were done with a great deal of collaboration and teamwork from so many people and we would like to thank all those involved in these and many other efforts.
As the year and semester ends, we have many events taking place. Some of them include the following:
- JH and HS Basketball Games – Dates Vary
- OU Young Men’s Vocal Workshop – 12-3-2021
- Chickasha Christmas Parade – Drumline – 12-4-2021
- Christmas Pictures – 12-7-2021
- Girls Basketball Dinner – 12-12-2021 – 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Blood Drive – 12-13-2021 – 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Santa’s Workshop – 12-13-2021 through 12-17-2021 Students purchase gifts for family members. Prices range from $0.25 to $3.
- School Parent Partnership – 12-14-2021 – 6:30-7:30
- Christmas Music Program – 12-9-2021 @ 2:15 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- Talent Show (JH/HS) – 12-17-2021 – 1:15 p.m. to 2:15 p.m.
- Christmas Break – 12-20-2021 - 12-31-2021
- Second Semester Begins – 1-4-2022
I read an article recently that included the following quote from an unknown author, “The best things around that I’ve ever seen, come from small towns and big dreams!” I am so thankful to be a part of this small town where there is always someone willing to lend a hand and to help others in any way needed! From our school family to all of you, we wish you the very best during the Christmas season and the year to come!